Friday, March 7, 2008

Bathroom Headache




When Tavita was six days old, I noticed a few drips of water coming from the bathroom upstairs into the kitchen. Needless to say we had a leak in the master bathroom. This old process of remediation and remodeling took 7 weeks. It was kind of a pain in the buns because the workers would come as early as 7 in the morning. I had to start my days very early - not to mention how tired I was from night feedings.

Five days of this process entailed three large fans blowing hot air so that it would dry out the bathroom. It felt like we were sleeping in the back of an airplane. The baby was two feet away from me in a baby moses basket and sometimes I couldn't hear him crying.

One afternoon, I fell asleep on the coach amidst all demolition noise. I was wakened by the remediation team telling me that they were leaving for the day. I sat up and had to wipe the drool off my face. Lovely eh? But, we made it through and now I really appreciate my working bathroom. FYI - The leak came from a nick in the drain pipe of the shower.

No comments: