Monday, August 11, 2008

Coupons!

I need to update our blog desperately. I will eventually get up to date even with photos.

I need to save money on groceries and I am trying to get into coupon clipping and sale watching. If you all have any pointers I would greatly appreciate them.

Side note: Today we went to Sam's for milk and picked up some meat and dairy products. Alana was so surprised at the total - $88. She said, "For that?!" I tried to explain to her that it costs a lot of money to run a household.

Anyway, it would be great to be able to save money on perishables.

5 comments:

Jennifer Pauga said...

I subscribed to a site called Thegrocerygame.com. They will tell you what is on sale and when to use your cupons and even how much of a savings. You can do a 4 week trial for 1$. I have saved a lot doing this. If it is not available for your area there is another called coupon sense. Same idea. Its a lot of fun. I am stalking up on things for our year supply as well. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. Oh I would start by picking up a double sunday paper (you can get them on sat at the grocery store) and stock up on those for about 3 weeks before I start my 4 week trial.

the medeiros family said...

Diane Carpenter is the queen of coupons...she'll have lots of pointers! Hey...did you get my email? We are passing through and wondered if you wanted to meet us for lunch tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

http://pinchingyourpennies.com/

Logan and Ashley said...

Ditto. Grocery shopping is so expensive. It is my least favorite thing to spend money on. Good luck with the coupons. I have no advice, I tried it and was not so good!!

deeder6 said...

Call me if you want any help (email me if you need my number) I know little bit about all this and would love to offer some advice
D